Thursday, November 19, 2015

Week 5! (the last one!)

Here I am!  I only have a few more days here at the CCM!  I have mixed emotions about leaving, but I'm mostly excited!!  True, I could learn a lot more here.  But honestly, at this point I believe that I will learn more in the mission field than I could here.  I have done what I needed to do here, and now it's time to move on.  True, my Spanish is far from perfect right now, but God doesn't expect me to be perfect right now.  As long as my heart is in the right place I am confident that I will be able to be an instrument in God's hands to teach salvation to his children.

Speaking of spanish, I feel pretty good about where I am right now!  Granted, I have a terribly long way to go, but I feel like I can teach my lessons pretty well, and communicate the essentials, and that is what's most important.  I'm excited to go to Oaxaca because I know I will be completely surrounded by spanish there, so I will be able to learn a lot!  

While I took spanish in high school, I really disliked it.  I felt like it was a ton to memorize, and that I wouldn't really use it in my life.  But being here in mexico completely changed my perspective of learning a new language!  Learning another language gives you so many more opportunities!  Every new word I learn is exciting for me, because every new word helps me communicate better with these wonderful people!   

I really love our teachers here at the CCM.  Our district has really grown close to them throughout the weeks.  I can tell that they legitimately care about us and our well being.  Our morning teacher is named Hermano Palma.  I have already talked about him a little bit.  He is super short, but he means business.  He teaches very well, and loves to joke and tease us when we mess up our spanish, haha.  We tease him back though, we call him Hermano Palmita, because he is so short!  (In spanish, when you add ito to the end of a word it makes it smaller.  For example, perro is dog, and perrito is puppy.)

Our night teacher is named Hermano Alverez.  He's a really cool guy.  I can tell that he was a great missionary when he served.  Obedience is very important to him, he taught us a lot about it.  When we first met him in our third week, we thought he was strange, and we didn't really understand him.  But now we all love him, he is really funny and gives amazing advice.  He also likes pokemon, so thats always good haha!

Me and Elder Henrie have gotten really close.  I am so glad I had the opportunity to be companions with him!  He is a great example to me.  We get along great together, so it will be bittersweet when we go to Oaxaca and get new companions.  Our district as a whole is amazing as well.  I get along with everyone very well.  They are great examples to me, each one of them.  

I feel so blessed to be here as a missionary.  I can't wait to actually teach people!  I can testify that God is always there sending you blessings.  You simply have to have the faith to receive them.  I love you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment