Thursday, November 12, 2015

Week 4

Wow!  Time really flies here at the MTC now!  I can´t believe that I will be leaving to Oaxaca in just a week and a half!!!  I´m a little nervous, because I still have a lot to learn, but mostly I´m excited!!  I can´t wait to meet the people there, to teach them, and to learn how to love them with all my heart.

This week has been good!  I´ve been working hard at learning spanish, and I am trying my best to speak only spanish...  It is way hard, and I´m not very good at it yet.  I still speak english way too much.  But I am getting better, and speaking more spanish every day, and I think that is the important thing.  Ha, speaking of which, our teacher, hermano palma, says that every time he hears us speaking english we need to buy a chocolate and give it to him, so he can put it in a piñata shaped like donald trump for us to break at the end of the MTC.  It was just a joke, but I thought it was really funny.

This Sunday the district above us left for their missions. It was bittersweet, because our districts have become really close, but they are going on to bigger and better things.  They have been such an example to me and I know that they will be amazing out there.

On the bright side, we got a new district in our zone!  They are great, I really like them so far.  We´ve been playing soccer with them like we did with the old district.  They are way good!  Anyways, I can tell we´re all going to be great friends.  It seems like everyone in our zone is passionate about lord of the rings, so we get along perfectly!  (unless we´re arguing about which character is the best, then it can get messy, haha...)

Because we lost our old zone leaders, we got new ones this week! Elder Gunnell and Elder Gonzales are the new zone leaders.  They are both powerful people, and I know that they will do a lot of good as zone leaders!  Also, Elder Henrie was called to be district leader!  He is going to do a great job, he is a great example to me, and I´m proud to be his companion.  

Lots of changes this week!  We said goodbye to our second set of latino roomates the other day.  They were...  Interesting.  They were really nice guys.  I liked them.  They just had one problem.  They didn't know how to use the bathroom correctly, and they definitely didn´t know how to clean up after themselves.  Basically, our entire dorm smelled terrible for the past 2 weeks.  It was horrible!  I don´t understand how anybody could have messed up a bathroom that much!!  Me and Elder Henrie cleaned it one day, but alas, the very next day it was just as bad as it was before!!  We couldn´t believe it.  Anyways, they´re gone now, and even though we liked talking to them, we are relieved to finally have a clean bathroom.  (Cleaning that bathroom was one of the nastiest things I have ever done.)  ​

I had an amazing experience on Sunday of this week.  Hermana Hollingshead was feeling very sick, so us Elders offered to give her a priesthood blessing.  She accepted, and wanted me to give her the blessing.  Elder Henrie did the anointing, then we circled up.  When I started speaking, I immediately felt the spirit, very strongly.  I was surprised by how easily the words I was supposed to say came into my head.  I felt the power of the priesthood very strongly at that moment.  After the blessing the whole room was filled with the spirit.  I know that the words that I spoke were not my own.  I was so grateful and so humbled to be a mouthpiece to the lord at that moment.

Thats all I've got for now!  Thanks for your prayers and messages, I really appreciate them!  I love you all!  

Elder Lindsay
​The Elders in our zone before 11C left
Our Zone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment