Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 3!

I can´t believe I have already been here for 3 weeks!  Time is really flying by now!  The first week was so slow, and now every week seems like a day!  I´m all adjusted to MTC life now, the crazy amount of studying that we do seems completely normal now!

This week was pretty much just like all the other weeks.  We teach mock investigators almost every day, have a devotional on tuesday, P day on thursday, and a lot of meetings on Sunday.  Sunday is always the best day, because the spirit is so strong, and we get some time to somewhat relax.  The devotionals and meetings are always great!
  
So this Sunday we had a fast and testimony meeting.  It was really cool!  Everyone in our zone has a really strong testimony, and it was amazing to hear about their experiences.  The zone before us, 11C, is really funny.  Our zone leaders are the most hilarious, awkward people, but they are great examples to me.  One of them actually played trombone in a marching band before he came, so its nice to have someone I can relate to, haha...  We play soccer with 11C all the time, and its a blast!  I forgot how fun soccer is!  Anyways, this is 11C´s last week.  I´ll, miss them, but they´ll be doing great things out in the field!  

So on Sunday, I joined the MTC choir!  It is really cool, all the songs they sing are in spanish.  It is really spiritual to hear their testimonies ring out through their voices.  Music is so special to me, and I love the spirit that it can bring.  Anyways, it turns out this week the song they were singing was the efy medley!  I love that song!  I was thrilled when I opened up the folder and saw that we would be singing this song.  We started our practice on Sunday, and I noticed that the pianist was having a bit of trouble playing the song.  I felt bad for him, it really is a difficult song, and it is especially difficult to play when accompanying a choir.  I decided to stand up and ask him if he wanted me to play it, since I learned it before I came out.  He was relieved, and said that it was fine.  It turns out that he only had a week to learn it.  I felt bad, because he really was a great pianist, but 1 week simply isn´t enough time to perfect that song.

Nevertheless, I was so grateful for that opportunity to play with the MTC choir.  I love playing that beautiful song, and it was even cooler to be able to accompany a spanish choir!  We preformed the song at our Tuesday devotional, and it was very powerful.  I am so thankful for my heavenly father for preparing me for that moment.  Before my mission I didn´t know why I felt like I should learn that song.  It was a choir piece and I had no choir to sing with me.  However, I felt prompted to learn it, and so I did.  I feel like this experience was similar to the experience that Nephi had when he was engraving the plates, even though it is on a much smaller scale.  Nephi had no idea why God commanded him to make a record.  He could not have imagined the impact his record would make.  However, he was still faithful, even though it might have seemed pointless or too difficult.  This experience that I had this week has really increased my testimony of acting upon spiritual promptings.  Even if they don´t make sense in the moment, God knows what he is doing.  He knows what he wants you to be, and he knows how to get you there.  So listen to him!!

Well, last Friday I got sick.  I felt awful.  I feel better now, but I am not all the way recovered.  It is very frustrating!  Being sick is very distracting.  I couldn´t learn as much or focus as much because of it.  I felt like it was keeping me from reaching my potential.  But ya know, it happens.  Its okay.  The other night I was feeling very frustrated, because I was still feeling sick after many days.  I prayed with all my heart for the Lord to give me some comfort, because I was feeling pretty lousy.  After my prayer, I opened up my book of mormon, praying that I would be able to find something to help me.  I opened up my scriptures to Alma chapter 32, verse 13, which reads ¨And now, because ye are compelled to be humble blessed are ye, for a man sometimes, if he is compelled to be humble, seeketh repentance, and now surely, whosoever repenteth shall find mercy, and he that findeth mercy and endureth to the end the same shall be saved.¨  This was a great comfort to me.  I know that got watches out for his children, and he wants to help us.  We just need to come unto him.
I am out of time.  Thank you all for your support and love!  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment