Monday, February 1, 2016

Do I really look like I'm from Chile?

Hola!  This week was really good, we had plenty to do!  We had a lot of lessons every day, and I was really glad for the opportunity to keep busy teaching people.  It really is such a joy!  

This week we found 2 investigators who are really prepared to listen to the gospel!  They seem very sincere and humble.  One is named C (something like that, names here are hard to understand) and the other is M.  It was cool to see the gospel begin to enlighten their minds!  We only had one lesson with each one of them.  We hope that they will be able to progress and learn.

We have 2 investigators with baptism dates, E and N.  E is the lady that we found last week who just didn't know how to be baptised, and N is a 15 year old we have been teaching for some time.  They are both great, and willing to accept the gospel into their lives.  Both of their baptisms are set for the 20th.  I'm excited!

We had an area seventy come and visit our mission this week!  It was cool, we had a big multizone meeting.  I learned a lot of things from him and our mission president.  I have plenty of things to work on!  I'm going to work on them one at a time.

Haha, we had 2 really funny moments this week.  One was with a little 8 year old who is getting ready to be baptised in the branch here.  We asked her, "do you know where we lived before we came to the earth?"  She responded, "In the United states?"  It made me laugh, haha...  Also, a bunch of drunk people have approached us this week.  It's sad, but they're really funny...  One of them invited us to have a drink with him.  We declined, and elder silvestre offered him a pamphlet of the word of wisdom, haha.  Then he tried to guess where we were from.  He looked me over, thought for a while and said, "You're from... Chile, right?"  Haha, no...  

Today we went to Oaxaca for P-day, it was fun!  We visited some of the old churches there and shopped around.  I bought an electric piano!  I'm super excited!!  Now I just need to figure out how to transport it in transfers...

Elder Silvestre and I have become really good friends.  It is such a joy to get to know so many people from different parts of the world!  The mission gives me so many opportunities that I would not have had any other way.  Anyways, he's awesome, he plays the guitar every night, and he is really good.  He's also really funny.  He knows a lot about the scriptures, and knows exactly what scripture to use for all sorts of circumstances.  I've learned a lot from him, and I'll be sad when he leaves.

Well, thats it for this week.  Adios!  Love you all!

Elder Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment